We made pincushions with button bases and elastic to either go on our fingers or wrists.
Then we made needlecases. I made mine using inklingo. It's a pdf file with the pattern pieces that you print on to the back of the fabric. My printer is a pain in the proverbial so I didn't print them for my 16 ladies. That would have been a mission. It was a good exercise in accurate cutting and making sure that you used a quarter inch seam allowance. Out next project is the Winding Ways pattern.
Last weekend I made a scarf with Cindy. She was complaining that I hadn't updated my blog in a while so here you go Cindy but nothing new for you I'm afraid!
I love it! It's alpaca wool on top of fine black silk chiffon. The purple blobs are merino and the coloured bits are silk roving. Then I also meandered a fancy yarn through the whole thing but since it was synthetic, it hasn't felted in very well. I'm going to sew it down with a fine silk thread in grey. I hoping the stitches won't show.
As you can see in this photo, it's very fine. I'm going to have to buy some purple clothes to go with it!
I've also quilted the background of the clown quilt but I'll put a photo of that up with I've done it all. Now I need to concentrate on finishing some things for our show. Hand in day is next month.
If you are in Auckland, come along to the show, 11th and 12th May at the Papatoetoe town hall.